Harlequins Foundation Apprenticeship
Working in partnership with Richmond Upon Thames College, The Harlequins Foundation are proud to offer an Apprenticeship program, where people will complete a recognised sporting qualification.
One of the goals of the Harlequins Foundation is to carve pathways for young people in our local communities and give them access to educational opportunities that will lead to employment. Apprenticeship programs are great for this as they offer people the chance to get hands on experience.
If you think you are someone who would thrive in a hands-on environment, rather than a classroom, or you know someone that wants to develop their skills in this way, get them to contact us.
Info for the Apprentice
- The fancy name of this is Level 2 Community Activator Coaching Apprenticeship – that’s a bit of a mouthful!
- What that actually means in language we understand is you get to work in a sports environment, learn keys skills, have a great time, finish with a qualification and possibly permanent employment.
- 80% of your time would be on the placement, getting real-life hands-on experience from knowledgeable individuals who can support you.
- 20% of your time would be working towards understanding relevant knowledge to your role, and key skills and behaviours you will require.
- The scheme lasts a minimum of 12 months.
- You will gain experience and skills that future employers look for.
- Receive a salary of at least apprentice minimum wage.
Info for the employer
- An opportunity to recruit, nurture and shape employees to live and breathe your company values.
- A financial incentive for every Apprentice you take on.
- Reduction in recruitment costs.
- An opportunity to grow your team with fresh energetic talent.
- Flexible delivery options for your organisation.
- You will be associated with the heritage of the Harlequins brand.
Andy Carpenter, Foundation Manager said:
“Delivered in partnership with Richmond upon Thames College our apprenticeship programme offers young people the opportunity to get paid from day one, while gaining industry recognised qualifications. This is a great opportunity for young people who want to gain real world experience alongside local employers while being supported by one of the most famous rugby clubs in the world.”
As with every program, there is a lot more information, but this is the key stuff. For the nitty gritty, get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com