Registered Office: Twickenham Stoop Stadium
Registered Company Name: The Harlequins Foundation
Registered Charity Number: 1161838
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Harlequins Foundation collects, uses and is responsible for (i.e. “processes”) certain personal information about you. When we process your personal information we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of purchasing a product or subscribing to marketing communications from the Foundation, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Date of Birth
- Home address
- Contact telephone numbers (Mobile, home and work)
- Email address
- Company name (if applicable)
- Parent or guardian name (Foundation camps and all PRL programmes delivered by the Foundation only)
- Emergency contact name and number (Foundation camps, Foundation programme and all PRL programmes delivered by the Foundation only)
- Maiden name of mother (Foundation camps, Foundation programmes and all PRL programmes delivered by the Foundation only)
- Medical notes (Foundation camps, Foundation programmesand all PRL programmes delivered by the Foundation only)
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or information you viewed or searched for, page response times length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information collected from other sources
We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources as follows:
- Job title
- Contact information (Mobile, Work number, email address)
from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn and Company websites). Typically, we do this when conducting market research, fund-raising, sponsorship and marketing activities and sales in order to identify who to contact for this purpose.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter
- to communicate with you if any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms and systems
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
Who we share your personal information with
To enable us to fulfil the activities listed above, we will share your personal information with our trusted third-party suppliers where required. For example, in order to deliver a cycle jersey if you were to participate in the Rival Ride, we will provide your name, delivery address, email address and contact address to our delivery supplier.
Our trusted third-party suppliers include, amongst others:
- our delivery provider,
- our business insight provider; and
- our CRM provider
- our fundraising agencies
- our events agencies
We may also share your personal information with other important data controllers for the following reasons:
- Premier Rugby – If you partake in any PRL prgrammes delivered by the Foundation we will collect your name, address, email address, Parent or Guardian name, contact details and medical history to fulfil that programme.
- Harlequins FC – If you have taken part in or supported the Harlequins FC, we will share your name, address, email address, telephone number and purchase history with the Club to contact you via their marketing team to update you on their work, upcoming events and fundraising requests.
The Club follows strict procedures to protect supporter information. Consequently, we will not share your personal information with any other third party for use in direct marketing.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why.
The provision of your personal information is required from you to enable us to fulfil the activities listed above. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us. If you do not provide the information we will be unable to provide you with the goods and services you may require.
How we market you and keep you updated
For you to receive marketing communications regarding the following topics:
You will need to ‘Opt in’ to marketing communications. You can do this by calling our Foundation team. You are able to select the form of communication you would like to be contacted via (e.g. email, post, mobile phone, work phone).
You are able to ‘Opt out’ of marketing communications or change your contact preferences at any time through the ‘manage your subscriptions’ link at the bottom of our emails, or, by calling our Foundation Team 020 8410 6081.
Note that the need to “opt-in” does not apply to important service information regarding your purchase (e.g. information regarding events you have signed up to take part in) from the Foundation as these are service rather than marketing communications.
How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold your personal information for as long as you are a Supporter of the Foundation.
All personal information will be deleted or anonymised within seven years from the date of your last activity with the Foundation unless you inform us otherwise in which case you will have the rights referred to below. We may retain information for longer than this period when we need to do so to fulfil a legal obligation and then only for so long as this is necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Our primary lawful basis for processing your personal information is our legitimate interests in running our activities and marketing and providing goods and services to our customers and supporters, as well as seeking sponsorships and partnerships with third parties. In addition, we may rely on consent where required to send certain marketing communications and we will also have a legal basis to process your personal information where we need to process it in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- withdraw your consent to our processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis for the processing in question
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. Supporter number, email address, home address)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing communications you can click on the ‘manage preferences’ button at the bottom of our emails or alternatively contact our Ticketing department (on 020 8410 6010) to update your marketing preferences. It may take up to two working days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you wish to raise a query or concern with the Club, please either email email@example.com or phone our Foundation team on 020 8410 6081.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 25th May 2018 and last updated on 25th May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email and/or on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to:
Data Protection Manager
Twickenham Stoop Stadium
or call our Foundation team on 020 8410 6081.